Monday, November 30, 2009

Sick Children

My policy regarding sick children, including:
• Whether or not sick children are allowed to be in child care, and
• At what point I consider a child to be too sick to be in care:
The best place for a sick child is at home. Bringing a sick child to day care will not only prolong their illness, but cause the illness to spread to the other children as well as myself, causing even greater risk for your child to get sick again or lead to the day care closing for a few days, should I get sick. This being said, sick children will not be permitted in the day care.
My rule of thumb is that if your child has a temperature of 101 degrees or above they are sick. If they have had this fever and it has broken, please keep your child home for 24 hours to ensure that the fever is gone. If your child appears under the weather when (s)he arrives at my home, I will take their temperature before you leave. If they have a fever, you will have to take them home. If they develop a fever while in my care, I will contact you and you will need to make arrangements for their care for the remainder of the day.
My policy when my own children are sick:
Should my children become ill my husband will stay home with them in an isolated part of the house and they will have no interaction with the children in the day care until they are better. If he is unable to do this, we will close the day care for the day. This would be a last resort.
Please have a backup plan for these instances and please keep in mind the importance of keeping your children home while they are ill. It is important that all parents are considerate of the other children in the day care. Your consideration will, in the end, benefit your child(ren).
Please also note that I need proof of immunization for each child before care at my home begins. I also need notice from the parent of any allergies and/or medical conditions that your child(ren) may have so that I may better meet their needs. Should your child(ren) require daily medication while in my care, I will need written information regarding the medication and how to administer it provided by the parent as well as daily portions of the medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment