Monday, November 30, 2009

Supervision and Protection of Children

I do the following to ensure the direct supervision and protection of children at all times:
I will be with the children (on the same floor, in the same room, supervising activities) at all times, with the exception of an occasional trip to another room, but will not be away from the children for longer than a five minute period of time and will never be out of earshot. Should I need to go far enough to not hear their activity, I will keep the baby monitor with me so I can hear them. Again, they will not be alone for longer than a five minute period of time.
In addition, I do the following to ensure the direct supervision and protection of children:
When they are sleeping:
• Infants under the age of 12 months will be checked up on every 15 minutes.
• Children over the age of 12 months will have a baby monitor in their room. I will have the other end of the device with me at all times during nap time. I will also check in on them periodically during naps.
When they are outdoors:
• Children will never be outdoors without my supervision. If the need should arise for me to run inside, it will be for a minimal amount of time and will run no longer than 5 minutes.
I do the following to keep track of each child’s whereabouts:
Children will never be unsupervised. We will have set activities throughout the day, whether it be a structured activity or casual play time, I will be with all of the children all of the time, with the exception of the five minute time limit mentioned above.

No comments:

Post a Comment